November 14, 2013

glass case of emotion

Since fall of last year, I have increasingly become a complete emotional wreck.  I cry so damn easily--tears of joy, tears of sadness...tears of everything in between.  In the past 12 months, I've never felt so in awe of beauty, so content in my friendships, so hurt by people I trusted, so distraught from loss.

It's the messiest, most beautiful paradox.  And it makes me feel INSANE.

Everything is so stressful right now.  I'm job searching.  I'm preparing for 4 term papers and 3 finals.  I'm facing the loss of my precious, precious puppy--Chase.  And the littlest things push me way over the edge.  But at the same time, I just feel so thankful.  Thankful for this place in which I've learned and grown so much--though I'm pretty over exams and papers--thankful for a point at which I get to make new decisions and begin transitioning to a new stage of life; thankful for a puppy that has been more of a blessing to our family over the past 9.5 years than we ever imagined possible.

I've shared this quote before, but man, it is too true not to bring up again: 
"...Because that’s life on this planet.  It’s messy.  It’s joyful.  It’s mournful.  It’s busy.   It’s chaotic.  It’s unpredictable.  And though we are overwhelmed, we are still a blessed people, because we know the One that has overcome it all." 
-Amy Heywood
Amen, right?
This life is just too, too crazy/chaotic/ridiculous.  But God is so, so good.
And that's the best paradox of them all.    

No comments:

Post a Comment