February 16, 2013

Valentine's Day Reflections

Last Valentine's Day, I decided that I was most definitely a Valentine's Day Hater.  It had nothing to do with Single's Awareness Day...I wasn't really even single at that point.  I just decided that it was way too commercialized; the Hallmark stereotype of the "most romantic day of the year" automatically made it the least romantic day ever.  

Well, I confess:  I changed my mind.  And all of a sudden, I love Valentine's Day.


The day started with coffee and pancakes with my wonderful suitemates, was filled with sweet deliveries, baking and crafting, and ended with a fabulous dinner at C&O Restaurant downtown (with some amazing company).
  

I realized that, if you tune out all the tacky, typical Valentine's Day chaos, it's really not bad.  It's a day for appreciating the people you love and making sure they know you're thankful for them.  And what's not to love about that? 
I've been converted, y'all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment