January 2, 2013

2012 in Review

Disclaimer:  I know I'm 2 days late on this.  This is my last procrastination for 2013.

Well, what a year it has been.  I've never felt as old as I have this year (which makes sense, I suppose)...I have changed a lot--grown up a little bit, learned a ton.  Maybe that happens every year, but now it just feels more...profound.  So while I look forward to everything 2013 holds for me, I also want to look back on 2012 and celebrate it one last time.

I kicked off 2012 in Atlanta with some beautiful people for the Chik-fil-A Bowl and Passion.  I remember spending NYE in the streets of downtown ATL before going to Waffle House with some of the best people ever.  During Passion, I fell in love with Atlanta.  But I fell in love with Jesus more.  It was awesome.
Back at school, I got in a lot of "sisterhood" bonding during Rush and welcomed some new babies into my life.  Can't wait to do it again in a few weeks!
In February, one of these lovely babies became my own.  I got to plan an entire Big Sis Week and finally have a Little!  She's absolutely wonderful (as is the rest of my Chi O family).  We also had a snow day at school and boy, does the Lawn look gorgeous when covered in snow.
March brought a much needed break from school.  A few of my friends and I trekked down to Hilton Head Island for some sun and relaxation.  The memories from that trip are sure to last a lifetime.

April was for embracing spring at UVa.  It is truly the best; we have Foxfield (aka training for when I go to a Kentucky Derby someday) and so many fun activities.  As the weather warms up, the Lawn fills with people playing frisbee or reading under the trees.  It's nothing short of magical.
May brought a trip to Myrtle beach to celebrate the end of school.  It was crazy and fun and everything Corey Smith sings about in "If I Could Do it Again."  I got to bond with some of the older girls in Chi O and solidify friendships that have become so important to me this past semester.
In June, I spent a lot of time in Charlottesville with my internship at Shindig.  I worked a lot of weddings and had a lot of fun playing in the Ville.  I also got some sweet weekends in Roanoke with my family!
July held a lot of beach time; I took my annual trip to Ocean Isle Beach with my family and was finally reunited with Duck (OBX).  I also spent a fair amount of time at SML and learned to wakeboard!
I fell in love with the FABULOUS New York City in August.  I'm ridiculously obsessed and hope 2013 holds a return to NYC!  I also moved into the Chi Omega house and kicked off THIRD YEAR (what?) with the two best.roomates.ever.
My 21st Birthday came at the beginning of September.  It was a wonderful weekend--I was loved so, so well.
October brought with it the gorgeous fall days at UVa.  Game days were so fun, although our football team wasn't all too successful this season.  I also got to visit one of my best friends at USC for fall break, which was a rather fun experience!
In November, I started to freak out about how quickly the year was passing by.  We enjoyed more fall weather, a Thursday night game, Ashlyn's 21st, and of course, said our thank-you's to start off the 2012 Holiday Season.
December isn't always welcomed with open arms.  December means finals.  It means saying goodbye to friends you won't see for a whole month.  It means putting another phenomenal year in the past.  But December also held a trip to Philadelphia for the Army/Navy game, Lighting of the Lawn (and other UVa Christmas festivities involving tacky sweaters), a hike with some wonderful high school friends, family Christmas traditions, rejoicing in the birth of our Savior (because now we may know God and have life in abundance!), a snowboarding trip, and sending off 2012 with some fabulous people in Charlottesville.
Y'all, what a blessed year. It has been filled with ups and downs. But God is so good.
Alright, 2013, I like you so far. Bring it on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment