April 24, 2013

i should've posted this march 24: On Regret

I’ve somehow managed to convince myself, in recent years, that I don’t have regrets.  Yes, I have made plenty of mistakes.  But I think regret is such an unhealthy concept–it causes you to focus so much energy on things that cannot be changed.  I try my hardest to treat my mistakes as lessons and move on and grow from them.

But this morning, it all hit me.  I do have regrets.  Well, I have one big one:  I regret the pain that I have caused for other people.  I regret the fact that I have said things and done things that have broken peoples’ hearts.  I haven’t acted out of grace and love, and it has caused a tremendous amount of hurt for some people.  Granted, this is something to learn from.  But given the chance, there are definitely some times I would go back and change.

No comments:

Post a Comment